The core of what unites God’s children: (Ephesians 4:1-7)
- One Body – united in the one church (global kingdom) with the same mission & head (Christ).
- One Spirit – the same spirit, the Holy Spirit, living in us.
- One Hope we are called to – share the same hope of the resurrection with Christ.
- One Lord – We have the same master and ruler of our lives, Christ Jesus.
- One Faith – Sharing in the same assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
- One Baptism – the same baptism to unite us with Christ washing away our sins and cloth us anew.
- One God and Father of all – All for His glory, God & no other.
As a follower of Christ Jesus specifically calls us to four things:
- Hold to His Teachings and the truth will set us free (John 8:31-32).
- Love One Another, as he loved us so others will know we are his (John 13:34-35).
- Bear Much Fruit to Glorify the Father (John 15:1-8).
- Count the Cost of becoming his follower (Luke 14:25-33) and it is worth it (Matt 13:44).
Finally, we believe through Christ’s saving power our lives will be changed as we throw off the old self, controlled by the sin we are now set free from to be renewed by the Holy Spirit (Eph 4:17-24).